debian etch upgrade, now 64bit machines cannot connect to backends (SSL)

John Masterson jmasterson at modwest.com
Thu Sep 17 11:20:31 EDT 2009

For posterity and the list archives:

We believe we identified our problem. A previous administrator made
source changes to our packages to remove the requirement of the
frontends' SSL communication with the backends, since these machines are
utterly private inside our network and he wanted to 1) make debugging
easier, and 2) reduce performance and administration overhead.