Cyrus IMAPd 2.2.13p1 & 2.3.15 Released

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Thu Sep 10 05:02:28 EDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 09:59:32AM +0200, Simon Matter wrote:
> > On Wed, Sep 09, 2009 at 10:20:33PM +0200, Simon Matter wrote:
> >> 2) Old (ancient) zlib doesn't have the deflateBound() function. Looks
> >> like
> >> at least zlib >= 1.2.x is needed. Maybe the zlib detection could also
> >> check the version of the deflateBound() function?
> >
> > Try this patch (attached) and see if that is happy with your old zlib)
>
> Hi Bron,
>
> Now it builds fine even with old zlib.

Great.  I've tested it with my development thunderbird copy that has
COMPRESS=DEFLATE support built in.  Haven't rolled it out to production
yet, but probably will in a few hours once I'm happy that everything
has rebased correctly.

> While we are at it, and because this patch affects the Clean-Shutdown
> patch - are there any plans to include the Clean-Shutdown patch into
> upstream?

Yeah, like this.

I have a fixed clean-shutdown that applies over the zlib changes in my
github repository.  I went through and re-ordered everything so I could
pop this to the top of the patch queue.

> It has worked very well for us in the past and I'd love to see this one go
> in.

Yeah - I need to make sure it's squeeky-clean safe, but it's been
pretty good for us too.  We do often have hundreds of processes
left after 10 seconds though, waiting on locks - which kind of
sucks.  Would be nice to fix that too!

Bron.