-authz no longer working?

John Masterson jmasterson at modwest.com
Fri Sep 4 15:50:56 EDT 2009

Dan White wrote:
> The ability to authz is controlled by the proxyservers option within
> /etc/imapd.conf.
>
> In your syslog (auth) log, you should not see the administrator
> connecting. When you successfully authz, you should see the proxied user
> connecting.

Thanks. The server I'm connecting to has the 'cyrus' user listed in
proxyservers in /etc/imapd.conf:

proxyservers: cyrus mupdate

When i connect via cyradm and an authz argument, the log on the
destination server indicates I am 'cyrus', not the user I provided in my
authz arg:

$ cyradm --user cyrus --authz johnm mbe1
IMAP Password:

mbe1.msomt.modwest.com>

Log:

Sep  4 13:47:43 mbe1 cyrus/imap[17219]: login: mgmt.modwest.com
[204.11.245.21] cyrus plaintext User logged in

I am sure I am just missing something and appreciate the help.

--
John Masterson
Modwest, Inc.