Question about 'flagged' attribute

Julien Vehent julien at linuxwall.info
Mon Nov 23 04:17:12 EST 2009

Hello Cyrus guys,

I was wondering if there were any undergoing work to extend the "flagged"
attribute of IMAP into something more configurable ?

I am thinking of some sort of labelling similar to what is implemented on
gmail, for example, but also with the wirtual folders in Outlook and
extended tagging in Thunderbird.

AFAIK, so far these features have been implemented in the email clients.
But because I consult my emails with, at least, 4 different clients
(cellphone on windows mobile, laptop with kmail, webmail with roundcube,
other laptop with thunderbird), I would like to have the categories (flags,
labels, whatever) an email belongs to stored inside the IMAP server.

I'm not really aware of the work going on around IMAP, I figured you guys
might know a little more about this, and maybe be working on something
specific to cyrus-imap?

Thanks,

Julien