Preventing mbox deletion

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Fri Nov 13 08:44:14 EST 2009

> Do the old 2.2.x flags mean the same thing in 2.3.7? I'm trying to give
> a user maximum on a mailbox except for mailbox deletion. I thought
> "lrswipte" would do the trick but if I sam the box like that it also
> acquires "d" which used to mean "allow for delete of both messages and
> mailbox". So, what would be the magic combination of flags to allow an
> user to subscribe, read, post and delete messages but prevent deletion
> of the mailbox?

IMAP ACLs have been revised, and "d" is deprecated (see RFC4314). Also
there were some changes in Cyrus 2.3.7 and earlier vs. 2.3.8 and later.
My suggestion is to take a look at the "Folder Permissions" section of
the Cyrus chapter of WMOGAG and see if that clears anything up.
<http://docs.opengroupware.org/Members/whitemice/wmogag/file_view>

Comments welcome.

OpenGroupware developer: awilliam at whitemice.org
<http://whitemiceconsulting.blogspot.com/>