unexpunge segfault part 2

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Wed May 6 05:34:30 EDT 2009

On Wed, 06 May 2009 11:20 +0200, "Sebastian Hagedorn" <Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de> wrote:
> --On 6. Mai 2009 10:20:39 +1000 Bron Gondwana <brong at fastmail.fm> wrote:
>
> > I've just enabled CONDSTORE for
> > a sacrificial few thousand users to see what happens :)  Including
> > me of course!
> >
> > The new Thunderbird beta supports using it, so I want it on!
>
> Interesting. I'd ignored that so far, but now I got curious. I have
> enabled
> it on my INBOX and managed to do so on all my subfolders like this:
>
> > mboxcfg user/xxx/* condstore true
>
> Is that how you did it or is there a better way? And how exactly does the
> new mailbox_default_options work? The manpage only says:

I used setannotation directly via an IMAP connection as the admin user for
each mailbox.  I wrapped it all in a little script that can do it per "prefix"
or whatever on any store.

It's easy for me because we can get a Mail::IMAPTalk object connected as the
admin user to any store in about 2 lines of perl.

>             Default "options" field for the mailbox on create.  You’ll
> want to
>             know  what you’re doing before setting this, but it can apply
> some
>             default annotations like condstore or duplicate supression
>
> So how would I enable condstore for all new mailboxes?

set it to "2".  Yes, it's deep magic voodoo and sort of sucks.  I'd prefer to just make
CONDSTORE the default for everyone all the time - which I'm looking in to now.
If the IO hit isn't too high, I'll do it :)

Bron.
--
  Bron Gondwana
  brong at fastmail.fm