unexpunge segfault part 2

Zing Zing Shishak zing at fastmail.fm
Tue May 5 19:08:41 EDT 2009

Bron Gondwana wrote:
> On Tue, May 05, 2009 at 01:18:46PM -0400, Zing wrote:
>> I'm also seeing a segfault (i've seen bus error also) in unexpunge -l when
>> I set an expire annotation on a mailbox and run cyr_expire.  I'm running
>> cyrus 2.3.14 + the ipurge patch from Bron on f10 (x86_64), but that
>> doesn't help (i didn't think it would):
>
> You want the "disable EXPUNGE_FORCE" patch I committed to CVS yesterday :)

oh, perfect timing. :) That seems to do the trick as a workaround.  thanks.

> (I've also got patches that turn that crash into a syslogged error instead,
> but they don't actually solve the corruption)

good to know.  i can test out any patches if people want to try to solve
the corruption...

As I was searching the dev archives, a post by James E. Blair last year
seemed to have an analysis:

http://lists.andrew.cmu.edu/pipermail/cyrus-devel/2008-September/000935.html

zing