murder and autocreate (I know it is not supported)

Paolo Cravero pcravero at as2594.net
Fri Jun 5 10:40:52 EDT 2009

Hi.
I'm setting up a test environment with frontend, backend, murder (currently 1,
1, 1 respectively). All using RPMs on recent RedHat systems.

I have read in the docs that the autocreate patch does not work with murder,
and I have experienced it too. But...

... if I leave the autocreate ON on backends only, and then simulate an IMAP
access or mail delivery right at the backend level, I should not get into
troubles, right?

Just to ease the creation of mailboxes, especially during this deployment
test. Or perhaps even after if our complex tools won't like the cyradm Perl
interface. (yes, we will have a look at gosa and korreio)

TIA,
Paolo