migrate from 64 to 32 bits

ram ram at netcore.co.in
Wed Jan 14 01:45:55 EST 2009

On Tue, 2009-01-13 at 10:34 +0100, s.dewal at computel.nl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A customer of outs wishes to migrate cyrus and postfix from a 64 bits to a
> 32 bits server. Normally I just copy yhe configuration files and several
> directories ( /var/lib/imap and /var/spool/imap) but the question is, are
> the file compatible in a 32 bits environment when copied from a 64 bits
> environment?
>
> Regards,

How strange , I had a problem doing right the opposite. ( from 32 to
64 )

We migrated the mailboxes , from 32 bit to 64 bit ,  and all the seen
flags got messed up. I had to run imapsync to get all the seen flags set
up

The best way to do migration is , setup a new server migrate one or two
mailboxes and see for yourself what breaks