reconstruct: Authoritative ACL?

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Fri Feb 27 19:56:35 EST 2009

On Fri, 27 Feb 2009, Torsten Schlabach wrote:

> No, I wouldn't do that. But I might have restored mailboxes from server
> A onto server B. In that case I would assume that I can rely on UniqueId
> to be random enought to make a conflict *very* unlikely, can't I?
>
> BTW: I think, a reason why people sometimes copy cyrus.header files
> around is that this is what makes a folder recognized as such by
> reconstruct at all. Why does reconstruct ignore a folder with messages
> in it but no cyrus.* files?

If you want to have a folder recognized by reconstruct, create a new,
empty cyrus.header file.  Reconstruct will populate it with the correct
information for that mailbox.  Don't forget to set the ownership and perms
as well.  Here is what I do when restoring messages for users into a
"RESTORE" folder:

touch RESTORE/cyrus.header
chown cyrus:mail RESTORE/cyrus.header
chmod 600 RESTORE/cyrus.header