Cyrus DB Errors "DBERROR: error fetching user.username" even after reconstructs

Josh Whitver whitverj at urbandale.k12.ia.us
Tue Feb 10 18:20:42 EST 2009

On Feb 10, 2009, at 5:08 PM, Bron Gondwana wrote:

> Yeah, you have a broken mailboxes.db I'd say!
>
> Here's what I would do:
>
> # stop cyrus
> cyr_dbtool /var/imap/mailboxes.db skiplist show > mailboxes.dump
> cyr_dbtool -n /var/lib/mailboxes_new.db skiplist set < mailboxes.dump
> mv /var/imap/mailboxes.db /var/imap/mailboxes_old.db
> mv /var/lib/mailboxes_new.db /var/imap/mailboxes.db
> # start cyrus
>
> This will give you a brand new clean mailboxes.db (but keep the old
> one
> just in case)
>
> Bron.

Thanks - is this one of those operations that will kill the read/
unread status of my messages, or should all that stuff be preserved?
--
Josh Whitver
whitverj at urbandale.k12.ia.us / josh at whitver.net
Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish,
and he'll buy a funny hat. Talk to a hungry man about fish, and you're
a consultant.