Some sub-mailboxes are gone

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 16:47:02 EST 2009

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 2:07 PM, Paul van der Vlis <paul at vandervlis.nl> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a customer where some important sub-mailboxes are gone. Other
> sub-mailboxes are still there.
> The customer is using Cyrus 2.1 and Thunderbird 1.5 as IMAP client.
> The backups are too old.
>
> In Cyrus 2.2 I see something like "Delete mailbox ..." in the logs when
> a mailbox is deleted, but in Cyrus 2.1 there is nothing in the logs when
> a mailbox is deleted, correct?
>
> When I delete a mailbox in Thunderbird I get many warnings, I don't
> think they have really deleted the mailbox. Maybe they moved it by
> accident to another location, but I cannot find it.

Did you search the file system ?
something like :
# find /var/spool/imap/ -type d

You you find the missing directory in you filesystem, but cannot
access them using imap client,
this is because the mailbox.db file is corrupted.
You can use cyrreconstruct to "re-discover"  the missing folder.

Regards

> What could be wrong?
>
> With regards?
> Paul van der Vlis.