Strange bug in cyrus (missing folders with reconstruct !)

Brian Awood bawood at umich.edu
Thu Dec 17 21:48:06 EST 2009

On Thursday 17 December 2009 @ 18:38, Denis BUCHER wrote:
> Hello Brian,
>

> Correct ! It worked (I tried with a folder)
>
> > The "-rf" functionality is slightly different because it
> > needs a valid mailbox to start from.
> > If you have a lot of these cases, you might be able to automate this
> > by running "ctl_mboxlist -v" and cutting out the mailboxes that are
> > listed as being on the filesystem but not in the database.
>
> Do you mean something like /usr/sbin/ctl_mboxlist   -d -x  -p default ?
> I didn't find how to list folder present in system but not it
> database...
>
> Denis

No, at least in cyrus 2.3 just "/usr/sbin/ctl_mboxlist -v" will scan the
entire filesystem and look for mailboxes that are not in the mailbox
database or vis-versa.
eg.
# /usr/sbin/ctl_mboxlist -v
'user.ddjdjdj.498' has a directory '/var/spool/imap/L/user/ddjdjdj/498'
but no DB entry

depending on how many mailboxes you have, it may take quite a while to
run.  But you should be able to take that output and use your favorite
text processing utility to take the first field and pass it to
reconstruct.

-Brian