Ptloader configuration in Cyrus IMAP

Wil Cooley wcooley at nakedape.cc
Thu Aug 20 14:09:12 EDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-08-19 at 15:33 +0300, Evgeniy Arbatov wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I want to ask your advice on the use of ptloader for LDAP-based
> authorization in Cyrus IMAP.

Do I understand correctly from this discussion and the sparse mention of
this in the documentation that the LDAP ptloader module can be used to
manage group ACLs with "auth_mech=pts/pts_module=ldap", instead of
"auth_mech=unix/unix_group_enable=1"?

Does this solve the slowness caused by UNIX groups in LDAP?

Does "auth_mech" affect anything else?

I have heretofore ignored mention of the pts/ptloader stuff because I
was under the impression that it was entirely AFS-related, which I have
no infrastructure for, but if this is the way to enable groups in LDAP
without the slowness, then I need to look more closely at this.

Wil
--
Wil Cooley <wcooley at nakedape.cc>