adding server to murder

Paul Katsovich pkatsovich at vtsystems.com
Fri Apr 10 17:54:22 EDT 2009

Hi list,

I'm trying to add an existing cyrus-imap server (additional backend) to
an existing cyrus-murder.

Unfortunatelly I've run into a wall and the only error messages I'm
getting are:

cyrus/lmtpunix[8569]: kick_mupdate: can't connect to target: No such
file or directory

When I try to run: "ctl_mboxlist -mw" it returns:
"couldn't connect to mupdate server"

and this appears in my maillog:
"cyrus/ctl_mboxlist[9125]: connect(mupdateserver.domain.com) failed:
Invalid argument"

I have no idea where the invalid argument could be as I've compared
imapd.conf and cyrus.conf to the existing back ends, and everything
appears to be in place.

I've also confirmed that the various paths are accurate and the cyrus
user has necessary permissions.

I've also run mupdatetest, successfully.

cyrus at back_end$ mupdatetest mupdateserver.domain.com
S: * AUTH "CRAM-MD5" "PLAIN"
S: * STARTTLS
S: * PARTIAL-UPDATE
S: * OK MUPDATE "mupdateserver.domain.com" "Cyrus Murder"
"v2.3.7-Invoca-RPM-2.3.7-2.el5" "(master)"
C: A01 AUTHENTICATE "CRAM-MD5"
S: PDM1NTIwOTI4Ni4xNDY2MzM3MEBuanJoLWVtbDUxMC5meHNlcnZlci5jb20+
Please enter your password:
C: Y3lydXMgMzg1ZTYyNTE0Nzc5YmI1ZGRlYWI1Nzk2MGJmNmMxY2M=
S: A01 OK "Authenticated"
Authenticated.
Security strength factor: 0

I've tried adding CYRUS_VERBOSE=2 , unfortunately that didn't produce
any more useful logging.

<imapd.conf>

configdirectory: /path/configdir
partition-default: /path/imap

admins: cyrus
sievedir: /path/sieve
sendmail: /usr/sbin/sendmail
hashimapspool: true

allowplaintext: yes
allowusermoves: 1
allowallsubscribe: yes

sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
sasl_mech_list: plain starttls cram-md5

tls_cert_file: /path/our_cert.pem
tls_key_file: /path/our_cert.pem
tls_ca_file: /path/our_cert.pem

mupdate_server: mupdateserver.domain.com
mupdate_username: cyrus
mupdate_authname: cyrus
mupdate_port: 3905
mupdate_password: pw