Folder names with ' character in its name.

Michael Menge michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Fri Sep 19 15:52:03 EDT 2008

Quoting Carles Xavier Munyoz Baldó <carles at unlimitedmail.org>:

> Hello,
> We have recently migrated a mail server based on Courier to a new e-mail
> platform with Cyrus.
>
> For the mailboxes content migration we used the imapsync tool.
> We have seen that some foldes with names like this:
> I'm here
>
> That is, folders with the ' character in it's name folder, where not migrated
> because Cyrus reports such names as invalid.
> How can we solve it?

One way is to remove/replace the ' in the foldername

> Is it possible to use the ' character in Cyrus folders names?

The ' is not in the set of allowed characters, which is defined as
GOODCHARS in imap/mboxname.c

But I don't know if adding it to GOODCHARS will bring other problems.

Regards

         Michael Menge

M.Menge                                 Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
Universitaet Tuebingen                  Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
Zentrum fuer Datenverarbeitung          mail:
michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Waechterstrasse 76
72074 Tuebingen