CONDSTORE and replication in production?

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Wed Nov 5 01:06:21 EST 2008

Hi,

So - I've been playing with CONDSTORE a bit.  Specifically, I'm looking at
supporting cross folder searching through our web interface, and it would
kind of suck to have to re-run the search on every folder every time we
have a new query.  So I figured that checking HIGHESTMODSEQ would probably
be more reliable than a bunch of dodgy heuristics for guaranteeing that the
cache isn't stale.

Attached is a patch that makes rolling out condstore less painful, though
the interface is a little unfriendly:

mailbox_default_options: 2

My question - is anyone actually using CONDSTORE and Cyrus replication in
production?  For that matter, is anyone using CONDSTORE in production
anywhere?  Any client gotchas to be aware of?

My first pass will probably be to write a dodgy tool that can update all
the cyrus.index files directly just by twiddling a bit, so I can revert the
change in a massive hurry.  Then if everyone says it's good I'll enable
CONDSTORE for new mailboxes on one store, and see how that goes.

Bron ( and I'll report back of course )
--
  Bron Gondwana
  brong at fastmail.fm