Backscatter solutions

Jo Rhett jrhett at netconsonance.com
Tue May 13 12:56:21 EDT 2008

On May 9, 2008, at 12:05 AM, Andy Fiddaman wrote:
> Pretty much the only way to stop this is to use something like BATV to
> tweak your envelope sender address outbound. That still doesn't stop

I really wish people would avoid making statements like this.  They
are read by people who don't realize that you're either ignoring
significant options, or not explaining why you don't think they work
and they carry this misinformation onward with them.

Please try to avoid these over-generalizations.  If you want to make
the claim that "only this one thing works" then back it up with
details about why none of the dozen or so other choices don't work
for you.

And please add "for me/my environment" to your statements, because
there's a lot of different options that work very well but have
limitations that affect only a few environments.

--
Jo Rhett
and other randomness