sieve authentication problem

Oberdan Albertoni obe at digicolor.net
Tue Mar 25 09:31:11 EDT 2008

Hello, I have installed cyrus ver 2.3.1,  in the file /etc/cyrus.conf I
have :

sieve         cmd="timsieved" listen="sieve" prefork=0

and I copy /etc/pam.d/imap in to /etc/pam.d/sieve

but when I try this command :

telnet localhost sieve  the output is :

Escape character is '^]'.
"IMPLEMENTATION" "Cyrus timsieved v2.3.11"
"SIEVE" "comparator-i;ascii-numeric fileinto reject vacation imapflags
notify envelope relational regex subaddress copy"
OK

Missing the line :

"SASL" "LOGIN "  etc......

So when I try to connect with the command sieveshell I get this error :

sieveshell -a user localhost
connecting to localhost
unable to connect to server at /usr/bin/sieveshell line 169.

What do I check?
Thank You.
By Obe.