sizing cyrus installation and current performance improvements?

mahecha at jsums.edu mahecha at jsums.edu
Fri Mar 21 17:39:46 EDT 2008

I've noticed that sometimes I get some error like "imap server not
reponding..."

I now things are woking ok.... if you wait a
few seconds and try to repeat the action, then it is executed with no
error...

I run sendmail and cyrus in the same box (dell 2850,
8GB of ram, 2 dual core xeon @ 2GHz) with 1TB of space; mailstore is in
xfs, on centos 4.4 64bit).

I have about 30k accounts, 19k
getting emails and about 4k loging in regular basis...

was wondering if there is anything I can do to improve performance in
cyrus... maybe more forks, increase ram.... start thinking about migrating
to gmail ;-)  ?

I know this might off topic/group, but if
there is anyone out there that knows the answers for the same questions
but for sendmail?

Thanks for your help, guys