IMSP Authentication issue

Wesley Craig wes at umich.edu
Sun Jun 1 13:49:23 EDT 2008

--On Donnerstag, 29. Mai 2008 11:28 +0200 Martin Ziegler
<mz at newyorkcity.de> wrote:
> When i try to log in to IMSPd saslauthd returns a successfull
> authentication but IMSPd says, that there is no such user on this
> server.

I presume you're also getting a syslog from imspd like this:

The message:

	User does not have an account on this server

is associated with checks for the user's option database, i.e.,

	does the user have an option database?
	is imsp.create.new.users on?
	can the user's option database be created?

Databases are in /var/imsp.  There doesn't appears to be any checking
of permissions, just presence (at least in v1.7b), so you can get odd
situations where early checks indicate no problem but attempts to
access a user's database get "file not found".  For example, /var/
imsp exists, complete with a bunch of user DBs.  However, the daemon
can't read what's under it.

:wes