patches since 2.3.12-p2?

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Sat Jul 19 08:13:57 EDT 2008

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 11:57:28AM +0200, Per olof Ljungmark wrote:
> and
> skiplist: unlock while not locked

This is almost certainly a bug.  I added this along with a bunch
of other skiplist changes to find places where the database
interface wasn't being used correctly, because it means bugs of
some sort.

There's another skiplist bug I've been trying to track down
(multiple deletes on the same connection failing), but haven't
been able to reproduce it yet.

Unfortunately, the cyrus database interface sort of sucks from
a consistency perspective, it's dangerous to call any function
that needs database access if you have a database transaction
open, because the code doesn't know about the transaction and
blindy goes ahead and starts a new transaction, which doesn't
work.

The code now throws an error immediately rather than causing
corruption.  Much better :)

Bron ( ok, so far I've only seen this happen in my own bogus
       patches, but it's still better to be safe! )