Can't access the imap server using telnet, nor send email.

badock badock at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 08:19:02 EST 2008

Hello all,

I recently installed cyrus-imapd, and i'm now trying to make it work.
I created a mailbox user (cm user.logon) then acl'ed it (sam
user.logonlogon all)
Then i set a password to logon : saslpasswd2 -c logon
So now, i expect the "user" logon to have access to his mailbox
But it doesn't work, cause

1. i can't telnet/login to the imap server with "logon":
    shell says:
    LOGIN BAD Error in IMAP commabd received by server

2. i can't send any mail to logon at host.domain.com
     mailer says :
     RCPT TO <logon at mydomain.com> failed :
     <logon at mydomain.com>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local
recipient table

Do you have an idea how i can check wether the imap works or not ?
Actually i'd like to check if my settings are ok, is there a way to check
that ?

Thanks in advance.