Migrating from DB3 to DB4

Toomas Aas toomas.aas at raad.tartu.ee
Thu Jan 17 09:10:16 EST 2008

Hello!

Our current server (FreeBSD 5.5) is running Cyrus IMAPD 2.2.13 and Cyrus
SASL 2.1.22, which are both linked to Berkeley db3. We are now migrating to
new server (FreeBSD 7.0) and likely  I'll use this chance to migrate to
IMAPD 2.3.x. What I'm not sure about is whether I should stay with db3 or
use db4. Is it reasonably easy to migrate all the necessary databases -
both the sasldb and databases used by imapd? Or is it just not worth the
hassle?

Our installation is quite small compared to most of those on this list -
only ca 200 users.

--
Toomas Aas