cyrus murder and some unclear things(cant create mailbox from frontend)

Ken Murchison murch at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Jan 11 10:22:50 EST 2008

rupert wrote:
> another questions is:
> does the mysql database have to be on both machines or does the frontend
> cyrus get its data from the backend and doesnt store anything inside its
> local DB?

What MySQL database?  For authentication?  All user credentials need to
be verified on the frontends.  If you IMAP client(s) support referrals,
then they might also authenticate directly on the backends.  Otherwise,
only the "murder" user authenticates on the backends.

--
Kenneth Murchison
Systems Programmer