cyr_expire and messages where Date: is in the future?

Mike Eggleston mikeegg1 at mac.com
Wed Jan 9 08:22:08 EST 2008

Using spam assassin and sieve I have messages flagged as spam filed into
user.*.spam folders. I also have a 'cyr_expire -E 1 -X 1' job running
each morning and a 'cyradm mboxcfg expire user.*.spam expire 2' set on all
spam folders. One of the oddities I'm seeing is where a spam message has a
header of 'Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 00:16:17 -0800'. These messages are not
expiring even though the messages may physically be months or a year old.

Any way to get these messages to expire based on the physical ([cam]time)
dates rather than the header dates?

Mike

[root at host ~]# rpm -qa | grep cyrus
cyrus-imapd-devel-2.3.1-2.8.fc5