Deleted cyrus.* files

Dmitriy Kirhlarov dimma at higis.ru
Thu Feb 21 06:07:21 EST 2008

David Flegl wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  > try reconstruct from command line.
>  > 1. login as cyrus.
>  > 2. /usr/local/cyrus/bin/reconstruct -r user/bad.user
>
> Thank's for a reply. I've tried but no effect. Reconstruct said:
> $>/usr/local/cyrus/bin/reconstruct -r user/bad.user at domain.cz
> domain.cz!user.bad^user: Mailbox has an invalid format
>
> and when I've tried this (without domain):
> $>/usr/local/cyrus/bin/reconstruct -r user/bad.user
> $>
> Command has no response. And no log information.

read /usr/local/cyrus/man/man8/reconstruct.8.gz and try to experiment
with -p and -f.
If it doesn't help, you can try to combine it with dump mboxlist, remove
user account from dump, restore mboxlist (ctl_mboxlist(8)) and run
reconstruct again or create user/account from cyradm.

Don't forget backup user mailbox before experiments!

WBR
Dmitriy