Cyrus Deadblocking

Teresa teresa_ii at myeburg.net
Mon Dec 15 08:49:16 EST 2008

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 10:42:08 -0200, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh
<hmh at debian.org> wrote:
On Mon, 15 Dec 2008, Teresa wrote:
Which kernel?  If it is Linux 2.6.27.8 or 2.6.27.9, try downgrading...

Thanks for response.
I use 2.6.27.7 vanila kernel (not gentoo-source). Didnt rebooted for about
near a mounth. Yesterday i rebooted also in one of last hope that would fix
something (i know that doesnt work, and it didnt, it never does :) if
something isnt working).

Actualy system is raning stable now again. I didnt changed anything, didnt
compiled or rebooted. I just restarted cyrus and sendmail few times. And
after one of this restarts it run stable. I have no idea why. There is
nothing different. No system log messages about broken DB or something
else.

Once thing i saw strange in this 2 days was :
lmtpd[3467] general protection ip:7f2e45ffdb2e sp:7fff4ee81968 error:0 in
libdb-4.6.so[7f2e45f2d000+136000]
in dmesg.

I think this comes from new glibc. But it doesnt breake functionality by
now. I have stable working for 4 hours already, system load goes down to
0.0 again. No deadlocking...

I saw there is new ebuilds for berkley db 4.7.25 are in portage. Is anybody
used this version already ? Maybe compiling cyrus agains this lib will
perform better ?

Or that looks more like kernel problem ? How i check that ? In htop the
process that get 100%cpu load isnt in "D" state, so its not real deadlock,
it just goest in some loop somewhere i suppouse under some condition that
doesnt happend allways.

Yesterday i also tried to downgrade to 2.3.12_p2 cyrus-imapd. But got same
behavier, so i updated to 2.3.13 back again.

I will report if i find something more.
--
Teresa