Very annoying IMAP problem (cyrus + Outlook)

Denis BUCHER dbucherml at hsolutions.ch
Fri Aug 22 06:20:31 EDT 2008

Michael Menge a écrit :
> Quoting Denis BUCHER <dbucherml at hsolutions.ch>:
>>
>> We have 50 people using Outlook on our IMAP cyrus server. It's
>> wonderful : fast, efficient, no problem, easy...
>>
>> But for 4-5 days I have a strange problem only on one PC :
>> * Outlook has to reconnect to the server every 5 minutes because of
>> "Fatal error: word too long".
>>
>> As far as I understand, the cause of the problem is :
>> * "Outlook is sending either a token or quoted string that is longer
>> than 8K bytes."
>>
>> But how could I correct this problem either in Outlook or cyrus ???
>> * Can I simply delete the "offending" email in Outlook, but how to
>> find which one ?
>>
>> Denis Bucher
>
> Hi
>
> you can investigate the problem further by activating cyrus telemetry
> logging for that user. Create a directory with the name of the userid
> in {configdirectory}/log . Cyrus will create files in there wich will
> contain all data send and recieved after authentication.
>
>         Michael Menge

What do you call the configdirectory for cyrus ? I have different places
with cyrus (I'm using the standard package provided with SuSE Linux /
SLES 10) :

1. I have a "cyrus" user with all binaries inside "bin" in the homedir
2. In "/var/spool/imap/user/" there are all user accounts with the mails...

But I think I understand, I have to create the "log" directory into :
/var/spool/imap/user/dbucher
which means :
/var/spool/imap/user/dbucher/log

Is that enough and correct, no config to add or command in cyradm ?

I restarted cyrus but nothing appears in the log directory...

Thank you very much for your help

Denis