cyr_expire -E ?

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Sun Apr 20 08:17:32 EDT 2008

On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 07:26:54 -0400, "Steve Huston" <huston at astro.princeton.edu> said:
> On 4/19/08 8:46 AM, Blake Hudson wrote:
> > I haven't looked at the source, but couldn't another flag be added that
> > would mimic the old behavior of only pruning the duplicate db? I would
> > assume that would be cleaner/faster than the proposed -X $INTMAX method
> > that would have to compare a bunch of timestamps...
>
> Doesn't that exist in the form of "expunge_mode: immediate" in
> /etc/imapd.conf?  I never had an -X flag in my cyr_expire commandline
> until recently when I set expunge_mode to delayed and added the flag
> myself.

cyr_expire_expunge_mode: immediate

hmm - that looks viable to me!  Feel like testing it?  Basically it tells
cyr_expire that you have immediate expunge, so don't bother expunging, but
everything else will do delayed delete.

Don't come crying when your mailboxes melt under the load of huge spam
databases whenever you delete a message though... actually, it's not so
bad since cyrus_expunge doesn't get sorted every time, the records just
get appended.

Bron.

--
  Bron Gondwana