Loginrealms / cut off domain part

Edward Prendergast edward.prendergast at netring.co.uk
Tue Oct 30 08:24:42 EDT 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: info-cyrus-bounces at lists.andrew.cmu.edu
[mailto:info-cyrus-bounces at lists.andrew.cmu.edu] On Behalf Of Martin
Schweizer
Sent: 30 October 2007 10:54
To: info-cyrus at lists.andrew.cmu.edu; schweizer.martin at gmail.com
Subject: Loginrealms / cut off domain part

Hello

I have Cyrus 2.3.9 installation which do replication (with sync
server) on  FreeBSD 6.1 servers with sasldb2 backend. Sasldb2 works
great on each server but I can't exchange the sasldb2 file from these
two servers. I know the problem are the realms in the sasldbs2. Both
sasldb2 files contained the host name part in the realm field. After I
added loginrealms in imapd.conf I can now successfully login but imapd
did not find a mailbox with the style user at domain.tld (which is
correct because there are only user.xxxx mailboxes). Can I "cut off"
the domain part (domain.tld) after the login? Any ideas are welcome?

Regards,

--
Martin Schweizer
--

Run `ps aux | grep saslauthd` - find out if saslauthd is running with the
'-r' switch. If it is, you may need to change the way your SASL starts to

On my Linux distro this can be changed in /etc/sysconfig/saslauthd, this may
be different with your setup.

Regards,
Edward

is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any action taken or
omitted to be taken in reliance on it, any form of reproduction,
dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and/or
publication of this E-mail message is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you have received this E-mail message in error, please notify
us immediately. Please also destroy and delete the message from your
computer.