Transferring Data from 32-bit to 64-bit

Federico Sevilla III jijo at fs3.ph
Wed Nov 7 08:20:09 EST 2007

Hi,

I am about to transfer my Cyrus data from Debian 4.0 (Etch) 32-bit to
64-bit as part of a server upgrade exercise. During previous 32-bit to
32-bit upgrades, I simply copied over my data, namely:

1. Configuration files in /etc.

2. Entire /var/spool/cyrus.

3. Entire /var/lib/cyrus.

I have a hunch that this may not work as expected this time because of
the change in architecture. Can anyone confirm or refute this?

Also, if I can't simply copy the data over, which files will need to be
converted, and what utility can I use to accomplish this?

Thank you very much for your time.

Cheers!

--
Federico Sevilla III