GUI to administrate cyrus

Gregor Wenkelewsky w-sky at gmx.net
Mon Mar 19 06:19:44 EST 2007

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 10:58:38 +0100, JOYDEEP <j.bakshi at unlimitedmail.org> wrote:

> Dear list,
>
> is there any  GUI tool to administrate existing cyrus users in my linux
> box ?
>
> thanks.

Hi Joy,

there is this Cyrus GUI called "Gyrus". Though unfortunately (afaik)
the development has ceased. The approach was nice, but never finished.
I am using Gyrus here to create new accounts, but I can not delete
accounts or i.e. manage them in groups, and sasl passwords still have
to be set by using the superuser or root login in a shell.

I too would like to know if there are alternatives. :-)

One alternative I heard of is a web administration tool, but that
again is reported to be complicated to set up and it needs a
webserver.

Yours, Gregor