Ghost emails

Florian Gleixner flo at bier.homeip.net
Tue Jun 5 16:11:17 EDT 2007

As far as i understand cyrus imapd, it does not delete the message
instantly. It marks the message and the /usr/lib/cyrus/bin/cyr_expire
job deletes the message some days later. The delete job is configured in
/etc/cyrus.conf
  # this is only necessary if using duplicate delivery suppression
  delprune      cmd="cyr_expire -E 3" at=0400
deletes duplicte messages older than 3 days every day at 4am.

But i did not yet fully understand the entire process.