Emergancy..... db4: PANIC: fatal region error

eMail Lists emlists at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 02:53:27 EDT 2007

On 7/27/07, Andrew Morgan <morgan at orst.edu> wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Jul 2007, eMail Lists wrote:
>
> > On 7/27/07, Frank Richter <richter at mpia-hd.mpg.de > wrote:
> >
> > [snip]
> >

> >> Please post the actual imapd.conf and the imapd.conf before the update.
> >>
> >> You have to move the usermailboxes by hand!

> > I have been trying various the various sujustions but not the scrip just
> yet
> > but wanted to get the imap.conf file up here.
> >
> > imap.conf before the update:
> >
> > configdirectory: /var/lib/cyrus
> > defaultpartition: default
> > partition-default: /var/spool/cyrus/mail
> > partition-news: /var/spool/cyrus/news
> > newsspool: /var/spool/news
> > altnamespace: no
> > unixhierarchysep: yes
> > admins: cyrus
> > allowanonymouslogin: no
> > popminpoll: 1
> > autocreatequota: 0
> > umask: 077
> > sieveusehomedir: false
> > sievedir: /var/spool/sieve
> > hashimapspool: true
> > allowplaintext: yes
> > sasl_pwcheck_method: auxprop
> > sasl_auto_transition: no
> > tls_ca_path: /etc/ssl/certs
> > tls_session_timeout: 1440
> > tls_cipher_list: TLSv1:SSLv3:SSLv2:!NULL:!EXPORT:!DES:!LOW:@STRENGTH
> > lmtpsocket: /var/run/cyrus/socket/lmtp
> > idlesocket: /var/run/cyrus/socket/idle
> > notifysocket: /var/run/cyrus/socket/notify
> > gdb-backtrace.cyrus.%1$s.%2$d <&- 2>&1 &
> >

> > Here is the imap.conf after  the update.
> >
> > configdirectory: /var/lib/cyrus
> > defaultpartition: default
> > partition-default: /var/spool/cyrus/mail
> > partition-news: /var/spool/cyrus/news
> > newsspool: /var/spool/news
> > altnamespace: no
> > unixhierarchysep: yes
> > lmtp_downcase_rcpt: yes
> > admins: cyrus
> > lmtp_admins: postman
> > imap_admins: cyrus
> > sieve_admins: cyrus
> > allowanonymouslogin: no
> > popminpoll: 1
> > autocreatequota: 0
> > umask: 077
> > sieveusehomedir: false
> > sievedir: /var/spool/sieve
> > hashimapspool: false
> > fulldirhash: false
> > allowplaintext: yes
> > virtdomains: userid
> > sasl_pwcheck_method: auxprop
> > tls_ca_path: /etc/ssl/certs
> > tls_session_timeout: 1440
> > tls_cipher_list: TLSv1+HIGH:!aNULL:@STRENGTH
> > lmtpsocket: /var/run/cyrus/socket/lmtp
> > idlemethod: poll
> > idlesocket: /var/run/cyrus/socket/idle
> > notifysocket: /var/run/cyrus/socket/notify
> > syslog_prefix: cyrus
> > gdb-backtrace.cyrus.%1$s.%2$d <&- 2>&1 &
> > quotawarn: 90
> > anysievefolder:  yes
> > autosievefolders:  JunkMail
>
> The value of hashimapspool changed from "true" to "false" during the
> upgrade.  You probably want to set it to "true" again.

> [...]

OK,  I have everything running after some good hard work thanks to
everyone.  One very last thing.  I have noticed that when starting up a mail
client on accounts the seen mails were not saved.  I have even brought old
backups of  the *.seen files but the mail in the client did not even noticed
it and had lost the saved seen settings.  Sadly the 2 most important
accounts I lost the seen mail but one it was able to keep the seen mail from
the last back up.  Is there a way to correct that?

-Adam

PS.  Once It is fully running I  want to share what I did so if anyone else
has some simular issues can use them to help them.