Mixed Cyrus Version Murder?

Matt Elson melson at wesleyan.edu
Wed Jul 25 11:14:40 EDT 2007

Hello all,

Sorry if this has been answered or is an obvious place like the
documentation, but I've not had any luck finding information on this.
Is there a way to have a Cyrus murder that has mixed Cyrus versions in
it?  That is to say, have one backend server running 2.2.13 and another
running 2.3.8?  We're hoping to "upgrade" our backend servers by setting
up a new server running 2.3.8, joining it to the murder, and then simply
using cyradm to move mailbox from the old backends to the new ones (with
the process repeated for each machine where applicable)

It seems like this would cause problems since the mailboxes.db would be
different between the mupdate master and the various backends, but I
figured it couldn't hurt to ask.  I'd love to test it, but am lacking
time and development machines at this particular moment...

Any ideas?  Anyone else ever try to do this?

Thanks in advance,

---
Matt Elson
Unix Systems Administrator