Cyrus & ZFS performance

Andy Fiddaman cyrus at fiddaman.net
Wed Jul 4 06:09:28 EDT 2007

On Tue, 3 Jul 2007, Dale Ghent wrote:

; On Jul 3, 2007, at 7:05 PM, Vincent Fox wrote:
;
; > We currently have 27,323 accounts on it, and it is performing
; > very well, with atime=off and compression=on.
;
; Sorry for the double reply, but by the way, what sort of compression
; ratio are you seeing on your ZFS filesystems?

% zfs get compressratio data/cyrus
NAME             PROPERTY       VALUE                      SOURCE
data/cyrus       compressratio  1.23x                      -

(It did get a bit silly last week with this, I'm sure they're not supposed
to get this big.

cyrus% (56) du -h cyrus.expunge
  60K   cyrus.expunge
cyrus% (57) ls -l cyrus.expunge