lmtp login mech

Michael Menge michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Tue Jul 3 17:52:07 EDT 2007

Hi,

Quoting Russell Galpin <russ at lrhosting.net>:

> Hi There
>
> I'm trying to setup a new cyrus server running cyrus-imapd-2.3.8. I've been
> successfully running another server running the Invoca RPM version
> (v2.2.12-Invoca-RPM-2.2.12-8.1.RHEL4).
>
> I'm running postfix and delivering to cyrus via LMTP on the working server
> everything is good. I'm now trying to get postfix on a different server to
> deliver over lmtp to the new cyrus server.
>
> I believe the problem is with the sasl_mech_list. The working server has:
>
> local_transport = lmtp:localhost
> mailbox_transport = lmtp:locahost
> lmtp_sasl_auth_enable=yes
> lmtp_sasl_password_maps=hash:/etc/postfix/lmtp_passwd
> lmtp_sasl_security_options = noanonymous
>
> In postfix's main.cf, this works fine and the messages are delievered. On the
> new 2.3.8 server, changing them settings to:
>
> local_transport = lmtp:10.0.0.201
> mailbox_transport = lmtp:10.0.0.201
> lmtp_sasl_auth_enable=yes
> lmtp_sasl_password_maps=hash:/etc/postfix/lmtp_passwd
> lmtp_sasl_security_options = noanonymous

Why do you want to use an authentication at all?
If you are not in a private network, or you don't trust the other
computers in that network you can restrict the connections to the lmtp
port with iptables.

Regards

         Michael Menge

M.Menge                                 Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
Universitaet Tuebingen                  Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
Zentrum fuer Datenverarbeitung          mail:
michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Waechterstrasse 76
72074 Tuebingen