Cyrus Imapd shared folders question

jc.duss59 at laposte.net jc.duss59 at laposte.net
Wed Jan 31 12:16:20 EST 2007

Well, nss_ldap seams a little bit hard fo me to understand....

Is there a way to use saslauthd for authentication and pts for
authorization? Or is pts can do both? Or saslauthd both?

Saslauthd works fine for authentication but i can't make pts
working for authorization: I still got error like :

Jan 31 17:59:37 imaptest ptloader[726]:
ldap_sasl_interactive_bind() failed 16 (No such attribute).
Jan 31 17:59:37 imaptest imap[727]: ptload(): bad response
from ptloader server: ptsmodule_connect() failed
Jan 31 17:59:37 imaptest imap[727]: ptload completely failed:
unable to canonify identifier: toto2
Jan 31 17:59:37 imaptest imap[727]: badlogin: [10.1.45.1]
plaintext toto2 invalid user

Here is my imapd.conf

configdirectory: /var/imap
partition-default: /var/spool/imap
allowplaintext: yes
admins: cyrus
reject8bit: no
sieveusehomedir: false
sievedir: /var/imap/sieve
sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
auth_mech: pts
pts_module: ldap
ldap_start_tls: 0
ldap_base: ou=users,o=myorg,dc=fr
ldap_uri: ldap://ldap.mydomain.com
ldap_group_base: ou=groups,o=myorg,dc=fr
ldap_group_filter: (cn=%u)
ldap_filter: (uid=%u)
ldap_member_filter: (member=%u)
ldap_member_method: filter
ldap_member_attribute: cn
ldap_member_scope: sub
ldap_group_scope: sub
ptscache_timeout: 5
ptscache_db: skiplist
ldap_size_limit: 1
ldap_scope: sub
ptloader_sock: /var/imap/socket/ptsock
tls_cert_file: /usr/local/etc/imaptest.cer
tls_key_file: /usr/local/etc/imaptest.pem
tls_ca_file: /usr/local/etc/toto.ca

Can someone help me? Thanks.