[ Re: why does salspasswd2 always append a realm?]

Alex Prinsier cyrus at aphexer.mailhaven.com
Sun Jan 7 04:04:55 EST 2007

I think I'm running cyrus v2.1, not 2.2, and I just found out that
virtual domain support came in in version 2.2...

The error in the logs was: Jan  7 08:54:46 smtp cyrus/imapd[29903]:
badlogin: mail.internal.ejibe.net[10.1.1.1] plaintext
cyrus at mail.internal.ejibe.net SASL(-13): authentication failure:
cross-realm login cyrus at mail.internal.ejibe.net denied

Perhaps it's a good idea to let cyrus warn for options that are unknown
in the configfile?

Thanks all for the help, I'll have to upgrade :)

Alex