Create on login is not working in Cyrusimap/OLDAP

Aristotelis arisg at noc.uoa.gr
Thu Feb 22 04:20:08 EST 2007

Bipindas K wrote:
> Hi Simon,
> Sorry for disturbing you again,I didnt get my mistake yet. You told me
> the log says everything perfect,then whats wrong with my login ?.
> The option creatonpost is working perfectly, create on login is not
> working that means cyrus automatically create in box when user receives
> an email.
>
> Thanks for your time and consideration.

   Hello,

   This is quite strange as a problem. The autocreate patch has 2
different functionalities :
1) Creates the user's INBOX if the INBOX doesn't exist when a user logs
in via imap
2) Creates the user's INBOX if the INBOX doesn't exist when a user
receives an email.

For create on login you need at least the autocreatequota option to be
in a non zero value.
  When autocreate patch works it produces syslog output , so you should
see something about the creation on the logs (something like that you
saw when the inbox was created on post).

     If there is no logging, even when you log in via imap, then
something is wrong with the login procedure. Try to create an account
(which is not in in imap_admins, or admins group) and then immediately
login with this account and see if it procuces any log output in syslog.

    Best Regards,
      Aristotelis