Create on login is not working in Cyrusimap/OLDAP

Simon Matter simon.matter at invoca.ch
Mon Feb 19 01:49:06 EST 2007

> Hi All,
> I had setup a squirrelmail/oldap server with autocreate patch. The
> problem is when a valid user login,cyrus will not create
>
> its inbox automatically. But the createonpost is working successfully. I
> am pasting my imapd.conf file below.

> autocreatequota: 10000
> createonpost: yes

Remove the line below and try again. I don't think creating "Inbox" makes
sense, INBOX is a special folder and is always created, what you do is
creating a subfolder Inbox, like INBOX.Inbox.

> autocreateinboxfolders: Inbox|Trash|Sent|Drafts
>
> When a valid user login the squirrelmail showing following errors

The problem I know with that configuration is that, at least when using
pam, openldap users are not case sensitiv. That's why I added a new module
to the pam stack which makes sure the user is lowercase. And in my case I
also set "lmtp_downcase_rcpt: yes" in imapd.conf to apply the same rule
from the MTA side.

Simon