[INFO-CYRUS] Re: tuning cyrus?

Nik Conwell nik at bu.edu
Mon Aug 27 11:36:38 EDT 2007

On Aug 27, 2007, at 11:14 AM, Mike Eggleston wrote:

[...]

> Where is the server logging sub-directory? I do not see one in
> /var/lib/cyrus-imapd (those are all binaries) nor do I see one in /
> var/log.

It should be a subdirectory called "log" in whatever directory
"configdirectory" is set to in your imapd.conf.  You may need to
create it depending on how your server was installed.  We're using
the Simon Matter Invoca rpm at 2.3.8 and IIRC the log subdirectory is
created by default.  (We've modified our configs so that we no longer
use /var/lib/cyrus-imapd but instead have a directory for each
instance of the server.)

The logging process creates a log file log/[username]/[pid] for each
imap process for that [username] providing the [username] directory
exists and is writable.

-nik