Recomendations for a 15000 Cyrus Mailboxes

Chuck Amadi chuck.amadi at rokcorp.com
Tue Apr 10 11:58:16 EDT 2007

John Madden wrote:
>> My guess: ext3. ReiferFS has some very annoying weaknesses that may
>> affect you.
>>

> Please specify those weaknesses.  250,000 mailboxes on reiserfs right
> now, always open to options.
>
> John

Hi

May be of interest regarding point 2.  I saved this postfix post not
long ago.

2. Which filesystem seems to be the better ? ext3 ? xfs ? reiserfs ?

http://wiki.dovecot.org/MailboxFormat/Maildir

Cheers chuck

--
Chuck Amadi
ROK Corporation Limited

Tel: 01446 795 839
Fax: 01446 794 994
International Tel:   +44 1446 795 839

email: chuck.amadi at rokcorp.com

This email is confidential to the addressee only. If you do not believe
that you are the intended recipient, do not pass it on or copy it in any
way. Please delete it immediately.