Restrict cyrus admins to certain hosts

Andreas Winkelmann ml at awinkelmann.de
Mon Sep 18 05:59:40 EDT 2006

Am Monday 18 September 2006 10:31 schrieb Stefan Edevåg:

> I have an imap.conf and an imap-local.conf to be sure that cyrus admins
> only can login fron localhost. Now I want to allow cyrus admins to login
> from another host as well (to be able to script user administration), but
> I'm not sure if this is possible?

Use a special IP-Address for that and create iptables (or Whatever) Rules to
protect it from other Hosts.

Or, depends on your setup and the availability of a PAM-Plugin. If there is a
PAM-Plugin, which can block/allow requests from defined IP-Addresses, use PAM
for that task. I havn't found such a Plugin so far. But I think there is one.

--
	Andreas