timeouts when connecting to imap server

Timo Veith tv at rz-zw.fh-kl.de
Thu Nov 30 05:18:19 EST 2006

Hi!

I am still having the problem, isn't there anyone who has a hint for me? I
changed the io scheduler from cfq to deadline, raised file descriptor
limit to 300000 and still have no betterment. :(

I installed the nagios check on the mail server itself to exclude network
problems and checked the imap service on both interfaces (localhost and
on the external ip). I also did this in parallel and noticed that when a
timeout happens on one interface it is not constraining a timeout on the
other interface, too.

How can I tell why it sometimes takes so long until a imap process
responds?

Regards,
Timo