Murder trouble, 2 unified servers authenticating to each other

Michael Leupold leupold at leunet.de
Wed May 17 11:24:51 EDT 2006

Hi list,

I retried everything and probably found some new insights:

Am Sonntag, 14. Mai 2006 02:29 schrieb Michael Leupold:
> I set up 2 servers (2.3.3) today to operate in a murder (both running
> unified). They are called master.leunet.lan and slave.leunet.lan. mupdate
> seems to be running fine so far, but if one imapd should proxy for the
> other it won't work.

the main problem is that slave (frontend) won't connected to master (backend).
I thought this was due to self-signed certificates but it doesn't seem to be.
The client gives me a "no worthy mechs" after negotiating TLS. As I have my
users on an ldap server I'm using saslauthd and advertise PLAIN.
I tried 'imtest -t "" -m PLAIN -a manager master' and it works as well.

Is PLAIN disallowed for frontend-backend authentication? Is there a way to get
more debug-output?

Thanks and kind regards,
Michael