sync_client stop working suddenly

Patrice gopat at nicematin.fr
Tue Mar 28 18:06:22 EST 2006

yes, it is working on replica
I have this thing into my imapd.log:

Mar 28 18:06:16 replica cyrus/master[6804]: process 6862 exited,
signaled to death by 7

(just after the TLS connexion)
and a telnet on the csync port works well.

and I just had one other big  problem because this happened  on my
principal cyrus-imap server ,
for imapd and lmtpd I had thousand of  process exiting with this kind of
error:
exited, signaled to death by 7

just pop was working.

then I have taken the backup from saturday and the mailboxes from today.
and now it is working again.

what is exactly the 7 signal ?
and would be the thing to do to not have this trouble happening again ?
ps: the configuration of cyrus-imap haven't been changed for a month.

thank you for you help Ken

Best Regards
Patrice