Any ideas? Cyrus takes 5 minutes to start

Mika Iisakkila mika.iisakkila at pingrid.fi
Mon Mar 20 07:09:06 EST 2006

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> Any ideas why we don't just kill non-native mmap?  Without it Cyrus cannot
> perform to satisfaction anyway...

Because mmap won't work on HP-UX (yes, it still performs well enough
with BDB, even though skiplist is useless without mmap). Maybe if Cyrus was
modified to access the memory mapped files _exclusively_ through mmap()
and not write them directly using file I/O in the same time, HP-UX would
be happy with mmap.

What does it hurt to keep it there? As far as I can see, that part
of the code base hasn't been touched much in years. Maybe add a
bit more explicit docs for those that might inadvertently use it...

--mika