cyrus-imapd 2.3.3-1

Aleksandar Milivojevic alex at milivojevic.org
Wed Mar 8 09:29:04 EST 2006

Quoting Scott Russell <lnxgeek at us.ibm.com>:

> Can anyone comment on how the cyrus-imapd 2.3.3-1 RPM is working for
> them? I remember there were some stability problems in imapd after
> 2.3.1-3 which was tracking CVS bug fixes and it was recommended to
> back down to 2.3.1-2. I'm not sure what became of those reports or if
> they have resurfaced again under 2.3.3-1.

I had it installed on couple of testing boxes.  It worked OK for
"single-server" installation.  However, cluster (Murder) type of
installation was unusable.  The mupdate process would just suck CPU and
get stuck eventually.  I've wrote about this problem on the list, and
it seems at least one more person hit the same problem (see the thread
with subject "cyrus murder, mupdate sucking up CPU").  I also opened
bugzilla entry (bug# 2806).  I had same problem with all 2.3.x that
were released so far.

I haven't attempted to mix and match (2.3.x for backends, 2.2.x for
frontends), so can't comment if that would work.

If you need Murder, you should do extensive testing and see if it would
work for you.  It might be that it is just something in my
configuration that triggers the problem.  Don't go head first into
upgrading from 2.2.x.

If you are not using Murder, you should be fine.

--
See Ya' later, alligator!
http://www.8-P.ca/